Saturday, September 1, 2012

A New Season.


I never would have imagined ten years ago, that I would be sitting here in the Kuala Lumpur airport on my way back to Ethiopia.  I never would have imagined ten years ago, that I would have traveled as much as I have in the past year and have people travel to meet us and totally affect our lives so dramatically.  I remember being asked ten years ago where I wanted to be in ten years’ time and as a stay at home mother, I found it hard to see past the next day, let alone the next year or ten years.  Yes, I had dreams and aspirations, but they seemed far too ambitious and not very realistic.  Even the dream I held for Ethiopia.

I was sharing with a friend this week my thoughts on the whole stay-at-home mum season.  It really is a difficult season because there are no immediate rewards or appreciation.  Life is tough and you often feel isolated and frustrated because it feels like you aren’t really contributing to society or the better good…but now I see that actually you are…so much more than you can imagine. 

The season of staying home with your kids, with no audience or applause is really the season of character growth.  As attitudes and reactions manifest themselves through the pressure that is put on you by these little people who really have no idea what power they have on your life, STUFF is dealt with – if we so choose it to affect us in that way. 

Like I named my last blog post- Children are a blessing.  But sometimes it hard to see that through the mess they drag through the house, the continual requests (in tones often unpleasant to the ear) and the fights they have with each other.  I guess we are not anywhere near perfection yet, but sometimes there is a glimmer of satisfaction for all of those days spent at home, when one of my children says or does something that brings me great joy and makes me realize how actually amazing my kids are.

So that season has past, at least having little children at home has past…and I’m about to go into this new season as Ministry representative/Administrator for Blessing the Children Oz!  And I’m so excited about it.  And my children are excited about it and my husband has been amazingly supportive of it.  He is such a secure man right now. I couldn’t imagine ten years ago that he would be the man that he is today either.  I am so thankful for the changes God has allowed to happen in his life.

There is a challenge that lays ahead but I am thankful for the people God has placed around us to support us.  I am thankful for Glen and Catherine McIntyre and their belief in us to be able to do this thing and to hold down this responsibility.  I guess our gifts have made a way for us and as we inspire people to realize their gifts, that there will be a ripple effect of that. 

So BCO have a big vision and I guess I’ll unveil more as time permits, but please continue to keep us in your prayers.  Please keep believing that God can do far more with you than you could ever imagine.  Please know God’s grace to take someone like me and use me in such a way for the furtherance of His Kingdom around the world.  I am thankful that “God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong”

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Michelle. You and your family are and will be an inspiration to many. I know that God has called you and I see that He is making a way for you even though there have been obstacles on the way. May He continue to open doors and provide for you as you stay close to His heart.

    ReplyDelete